Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 Solano CX - Fairfield CA

New race series put on at Solano Community College, put on by Rockville Bike.



A local home grown CX race:  Dave’s race!

“Turns out that helping out setting up and preparing the course didn't exactly help. First CCX or, race of this type ever it was one tough cookie. I crashed not out but if common sense had been the order I would of quit then and there. Broken helmet, face dinged a bit, neck and shoulders really in the hurt locker. That said I did not finish last and lapped two riders. For those who don't me I don't ride MTB well and when I do it normally means a short trip to the ground; hard. Ok enough of that, the course was a mile long with three fairly long straights two asphalt and one dirt grass and bumps. One twisty turny section in amongst a stand of eucalyptus trees and one humgous jump down hill with a dismount to climb a dirt cliff. I turned each pre-crash lap at 4:00 min. Very low turn out of only 15 people couple from Davis and two from Marin. In my judgment while this is a low key event without much advertisement it has potential and all told a good albeit painful experience it's do over next week and hopefully Cal-Aggie as well. Thanks Vinnie and and Brandy for the opportunity.”
 -David Hillman

Dont forget to follow us on Facebook, we post fun stuff!  https://www.facebook.com/TeamVeloWrenchCycling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment