Monday, March 17, 2014

Land Park Crit March 15th 2014



Report by Jeff Pritchett Elite 4s:

“The only guys from the team in this race were Richard and I, so we set out to stay together and stay near the front for the entire race.  That plan went surprisingly well we stayed top 20 the whole time (with nearly have the race in the top 10) and had no problem moving up the pack when we needed to.  At 1.5 laps to go I hit a huge pothole and my SRM computer flew off the bike and the handlebars rolled down about 2 inches - not ideal - but no flat tire and I was able to hold my line.  I was able to keep my position up towards the front thru 1 lap to go and stayed top 10 until 1/2 lap to go when I followed an attack off the front.  I reeled that in for the field so that I would maintain my position at the front.  Going into the chicane I was 4th and I held that until right before the last corner when I couple of guys came around.  Going into the final straight to the finish I held a good wheel since it was too long to sprint from the corner.  Right when I was going to start sprinting about 5 guys came around from the right side (I was on the left) and I just didn't have the legs to get out of the saddle and sprint so I just powered to the finish the best that I could.  9th place. 

Considering that my legs have felt absolutely horrible the last 2 weeks until 2 days ago I really can't complain.  It was a good 1st race of the season.

Jeff Pritchett”

Super awesome Jeff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment