Sunday, July 21, 2013

37th Annual 4th of July Crit, Davis CA

Both Leslie and Richard raced at the 4th of July Criterium.
Richard placed 22nd in the Elite 4 race.
Leslie place 12th in the women's elite 3 race

Here is Richard's race report:

"The race started at 4:30pm, so it was a very HOT start. The course was very good
to good. But it had two bumpy corners and a few potholes.

The race went well.  I stayed in the back just to get used to the race pace. I
worked my way to the front, and stayed there until two laps to go. There was a
small break that got a gap on the peloton. I bridged the gap, and when I got up
there we only stayed away for 3 turns before we were caught. Last lap had 2
crashes. The first one I just missed being a part of!!   I had to slam on my brakes and
swerve to miss it, but I still caught a part of the downed rider’s bike and bent
my wheel. I just cruised in after that because I had to loosen my brakes so the
wheel wouldn't rub my brakes. The second crash was on a bumpy corner and had 6
riders involved. Luckily everyone got up and finished.

Hope the next race goes better than this one,

Richard"


No comments:

Post a Comment