Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tri for Real #2



Ryan and Charissa Odom have been flying the TRI flag for Team Velo Wrench, and they have been rocking it!  So proud of them!!

Tri for Real # 2 – Rancho Seco

Race report by Charissa Odom.  Both she and her husband Ryan raced today!

"My success today was largely due to the generosity of Vinny, Richard, and Ryan-- Thanks guys!  My bike was tricked out with Vinny's Zipp deep dish rear wheel, Ryan's jazzy Reynolds front wheel, and I wore Richard's brand new Catlike TT helmet.  Thanks for sharing your toys!

It was a fun (I think that's what we call it) day out at Rancho Seco.  The swim was not much different than my previous in this series.  The bike leg was AWESOME and I felt like I was flying.  I was able to catch some of the ladies on the bike portion, and keep my position.  By the way, I am totally in love with my new Serfas saddle :)

I saw Ryan a few times throughout the course, and he was looking strong!

I have few positive words for the run today.  All I can say is that it happened, and I kept my place...  Yikes, it was challenging!

In the end, I took second place in my age group.  I've got a lot of work to do before I can even dream of beating the first place winner!

On a side note, I also earned 2nd place in the 5k that I did last night!  -Charissa" 

Charissa & Ryan getting ready to race

Charissa once again rocking the podium!!

RAWR...Ryan.




No comments:

Post a Comment