Sunday, March 17, 2013

Davis Sprint Tri - 3/10/2013

Race report by Charissa Odom: 

"Hello all,
      I had a great time going to the Davis Sprint Triathlon with Kim. It was a
busy event and LOTS of people! I wore my new kit and It felt great in the pool,
on the bike, and for the run. I paired the kit with orange shoes and cap, and
many people noted how visible I was :)
 

      The trail was definitely interesting! It started with a perimeter swim around
the Olympic pool (five laps). After that, it was a flat, flat, flat 19 mile
bike course. It was scenic and fast, but the markings were confusing! Many people got disoriented
with the bike leg and it was a source of frustration for many participants. The
run went through campus. It felt LONG. Though only 4 miles, I kept looking
down at my GPS thinking, "surely I'm nearly done!"


     In the end, I'm glad I did the race as I was able to prove to myself that I
can do a triathlon with no knee pain. I've struggled with knee pain while
running for 10 years now. I've been doing PT daily since August and I'm finally
seeing great results. If anyone wants to try running but struggles with pain, I
have a great resource that's helped me a ton, "Anatomy for Runners". I couldn't
run 2 miles 6 months ago, nor could I swim 10 laps without feeling totally
zonked! At this race I placed 7th of 21 in my age group.

      Come join me and Ryan at the Xterra with TBF Racing on March 30th! It's a
half mile swim in open water, 16 mile mountain bike, and 3.5 mile run. There is
a shorter version, too. That is a 200 Yard swim, 6.5 mile mountain bike, and 2
mile run.
 

Cheers, -Charissa"

She got 7th!!  Yipee!!  Awesome job & Great Race report Charissa.  Keep it up!!

Charissa finishing up her run!

Kim and her bike!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment