Sunday, March 17, 2013

Madera Stage Race

Race Report provided by Leslie Creed:

"Had a fun weekend at the Madera Stage Race this past weekend. 

Crit Sat Morning:  The most fun I have had in a crit so far!  Thanks to Alison Tetrick(pro) we were doing 28mph in the first turn and the race did not slow down ever.  It was fast with lots of attacks by the well represented teams.  Okay, fast for me, but eventually Alison rode off the front and finished ahead of us like it was nothing.  I finished with the front group which was good enough for me. (she placed 7th)

TT Saturday afternoon:  Wind, wind, wind, more wind and bee's.  I was only stung once:-)  Considering this was my first TT since the last time I raced Madera in 2010 I did pretty well.  I took a fair amount of time off of my 2010 time, but need work in this discipline.  It was fun and I look forward to racing the Dunlap TT in June. (she placed 13th)

RR(Road Race) Sunday:  roughly 66 miles of racing with some wind and lots of sun...once again, could not hang through the attacks on the rollers.  I finished even though I wanted to quit so bad (I kept praying for a flat:-)).  I ate, drank, and did everything I could, but the rollers keep getting me.  Need to start working on the longer power intervals.  (she placed 13th)

I just know that racing as a cat 3, getting my butt kicked, and pushing past my limits will eventually pay off!!

Til the next time,
Leslie"

Well done Leslie, 13th overall !!  Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment