Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Team Camp

Team Camp Wrap Up:
     Even though some of the team that were confirmed for the ride couldn't make it (work sux) our mystery guest Mr. Phil Mooney from the Team Jamis/Hagens Bermen pro team did make it for the ride, and we have the pictures to prove it. It's funny how fast you can ride when you're riding with a pro. We had a very spirited ride and a few team awards were given out. Our ladies got the opportunity to have Phil give them a little push during the ride (which they have still not stopped talking about) so we know what the best part of camp was for them.

      The Ride: first we started with a nice long warm up and parade through downtown Vacaville, CA.  I have to say that the new kit colors look good, especially with the shorts and our team statement on the back. 
     Once we passed Cantalow Rd we heated the ride up. I wasn't there at the end of the Chunnel sprint but I was told it was awesome. I picked up the few of us that had been shelled and we did our own little sprint at the end.  We noticed that Kim had flatted, so I proceeded with tire change #1 for the dedicated support team (Vinny). Phil came back for us and led us back to the group. Once we were all back on the back of the group, we hit the pace line and got the speed up into the 20s the high 20s that is. I was fortunate enough to get to lead out the sprint at Winters.  I think Leslie took
that one(sprint). We stopped briefly in winters to pump up Kim's tire. Back on the road the sea otter masters team held back and let the group get away so we could  chase back. It was a nice try but they stayed away even when Phil came back to lead us out. Richard and Phil had to pull off at the turn for Davis. Thanks Phil! 
     Tire flat #2 and back to work I went on Kim's tire. Not a whole lot happened till we hit Allendale Rd when I got dropped...again,(ARG!!) Pat, who won the "Teammate of the Day" award came back
for me. Still unwilling to give up, I ignored the cramping legs and the constant ringing of my phone.  I was determined to have a day off from my electronic leash. But the 5th call in a row made me stop. I was informed that team mate Scotty's brother had been in an accident and to please have Scotty call home. Unfortunately by stopping we lost the group, so Pat took a flyer to get the info to Scotty. Then Pat actually came back for me, as did one of our newest team mates, Kurtis (awesomeness). We finished off the Steiger Rd climb and were joined by a few more of the team to finish the drag race into town. We got attacked just as we entered town by Leslie who dropped the group (good on ya) must have been the memory of Phil giving a helping hand. Bottom line we all had some fun and we all finished strong. Good 50 mile Ride !

The BBQ: 
     My wife Cindy outdid herself on the food and I over did the food (anybody up for leftovers)? What can I say beer, Kahlua pork sliders, and good friends...it doesn't get any better. -Vinny Out

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/TeamVeloWrenchCycling

 
Getting ready to ride!

Phil the photographer.

It was an awesome ride & great weather

Good Ride, Good Beer, Good food, Good Friends

   
Kahlua Pork.  YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment