Monday, April 1, 2013

Golden Bears Duathlon March 30, 2013

Race report by Scott Morrison...who is turning in to a duathlon machine:


" I've done this course before. 2.35 mile run out on the San Pablo Dam and back,
Bike leg around the reservoir on the Three Bears, finish with a 2.2 mile run out
on the Dam and back. First run was good, happy with my improved time over
October. Bike leg, EVERYTHING FELL APART. Last October I made a lot of time on
my competition on the bike leg, this time around, NO. I rode a worn cassette
that decided to start jumping as soon as I hit the Three Bears. My dumb move.
Descending Papa Bear I blew a front tire. YEAH,TIRE. Glass sliced right through.
Luckily I had a tire boot to patch it well enough to ride in. The second run I
was through. Cramped up repairing that tire and never recovered. Finished off
the podium, (Duh), but very committed to continuing my diet. Also, I'm riding
tubeless next time, like October. I really am enjoying these Duathlons! Plus
this series is the only chance anyone gets to run on the actual dam. -Scotty"


but wait....

"I was just looking at results online. I forgot I race 45-49 this year. Third
Place!
http://results.active.com/events/du-golden-bears-4-option-duathlon-5-mile-run-wa\
lk/du-short-age-group

-Scotty"


Scotty on the bike leg.

Run Scott...Run!
Scott's hard word is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment