Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TBF Xterra March 30 2013

Charissa & her husband Ryan both raced at the TBF Racing Xterra in Folsom, CA

Charissa's race report is up first. 

"Nothing like a little 55 degree water, plenty of  mud, and bluebonnets!  Saturday was a perfect day for a race.  TBF always hosts a well organized event.

All 180 participants ran into the water together in a mass start.  As per usual, the wild kicking subsided as the racers spread out.  Open water is no longer as scary as it was my first tri last summer!  

When I came out of the water, I was with a man who exclaimed, "this is a quadathon!" because of the long run up to the parking lot.  I really enjoyed the mountain bike course and the muddy spots!  They even cut some new trails to get in more mud and sand.  Or perhaps they cut the new trails so we could enjoy the bluebonnets.  I felt strong on the bike, even if my time indicates how much work I have ahead of me.  I got passed by some very quick male riders, which made me feel better about my swim placement.

The run was mostly on dirt trails with a few sandy spots.  The real challenge was the rutty, steep, climbs and descents.  I walked briskly for those sections as I have not trained for it.  I bet y'all are tired of hearing the play-by-play of my knee pain...  But This event was a big success for me.  It was the event that helped motivate me to do PT for 30 minutes every morning all winter.

Happy trails!

Cheers!
Charissa"
 
 
And Ryan added:
 
"I don't have much to add to C's race report. It was once again one of the best organized events as I have come to expect from TBF. Well marked and tons of supervision. The swim was cold, the bike was fun, and I need to train on more hills. And racing against the old guys is going to take a lot more training. 

-Ryan "the youngin who thinks it should get easier in the 30s age group" Odom
 
 
Be sure to like Team Velo Wrench on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamVeloWrenchCycling 

No comments:

Post a Comment