Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Calaveras TT Race Report


 

Hello All,

First I want to say how impressed I was with those who raced Boggs this weekend.  I was only there for a couple hours but it was great to see team mates not only racing for the team but as a team and motivating each other...

Today I went down to the Calaveras Road Time Trial.  I don't race many paid and timed TTs but I thought it would be fun and help some with the bike legs of Triathlons.  There was a 14 mph side wind both out and back which did make steering control interesting at times.  I finished the 10 mile race in 26.47 minutes or at an average speed of 22.73 mph.  This race is full of rolling hills kind of like some of the rollers on Pleasants Valley road with a hill that starts at about the 4 mile mark which last until the turnaround at 5 miles and is about the grade of Steiger.  I felt that I pushed about as hard as I could have but since I never rode this course before it’s hard to say.  You would like this event if you like to ride all out for 10 miles and enjoy the pain.   Hey, I only finished about 5 minutes behind Kevin Metcalfe, the multi-time national Time Trial champion who is in my age group.   LOL

No selfies Sorry.
     Marc Trucano

No comments:

Post a Comment